Welcome to my blog!

This is my blog to created to share my decorating ideas. I'm no expert, so some creations may be my amateur version of experts'. I created this to help inspire other people like me who have big ideas and little know-how. This is to encourage you to believe that you can do whatever you dream of.

I also share about my life as a redhead with a lot of opinions, my experiences as a twenty-something year old nearing thirty, and the whole crazy wedding planning process for my fiance and me.


Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Here are pictures from what I did for my hubby-to-be for Valentine's Day. We decided not to do gifts this year (since he just bought me the most amazing ring and we are flying to Mexico for five days for my friend's wedding.) I had to do something though, so I put together this little display.


The jumbo Hershey's kiss is a tradition. My mom gives my dad one every year for Valentine's Day, so I have carried on the tradition. Eventually he may get sick of them, but I will always be willing to save him from chocolate overdose by eating as much or all that he does not want. I found the binary "I Love You" sign from another blog I follow. (You can see it here. Sorry I stole it!)

I wanted to make it more manly, so I came up with the beer idea. I made a little love note to play off a pun on the beer. I wanted to make it kind of rustic looking, where it went with the beer, and not pink or anything girly. Here's how it turned out.


I guess I made it blend in too well because he didn't notice the message. He thought it was just some tag that came on the beer. Oh, well. Here is the card that I gave him.

It is so true. I do have a HUGE crush on him!

He took me to the best little restaurant around that makes ah-mazing Italian food. It's BYOW, so he brought a bottle of my favorite wine. :) The restaurant was serving heart shaped pizzas, which were sooo cute, but we opted to get individual dishes. The dinner was so good, I ate all of mine and quite an embarrassing portion of his! If you have ever had pink sauce, you will know why. Seriously, it was so delicious, I could drink the stuff and lick the plate clean. Then, he took me to see The Vow (per my request). I loved it! It was such a moving story about passionately loving your spouse. Every girl needs to see this movie. Even if you don't like movies like this, you will like Channing Tatum. :) The hubs-to-be was less than impressed with this chick-flick. Let's just say you won't catch him in line to see this movie again. Or any other girly movie. On the way home, he surprised me with these:
Not sure you can see them. The car was dark. Well, that was my Valentine's Day. I hope everyone had one as special as mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment