Welcome to my blog!

This is my blog to created to share my decorating ideas. I'm no expert, so some creations may be my amateur version of experts'. I created this to help inspire other people like me who have big ideas and little know-how. This is to encourage you to believe that you can do whatever you dream of.

I also share about my life as a redhead with a lot of opinions, my experiences as a twenty-something year old nearing thirty, and the whole crazy wedding planning process for my fiance and me.


Friday, February 17, 2012

Venues

Remember the French/Mediterranean venue I posted about earlier? My hubs-to-be and I drove there for an open house they hosted on Thursday. Yes, that's right, Thursday. We drove in traffic for two hours after work while starving. All to be disappointed in the cold food, pushy salespeople who appeared to be miserable, and terrible cake. And I do mean terrible. I can make cake better than this from a Betty Crocker box. (Literally, the cardboard box would even be better). The decorations were cheesy and looked like half were from Oriental Trading and the other half from a funeral.

Today, we went to see another venue. Remember 'The Secret Garden?' It's in the middle of town. Neither I or the HTB (hubs-to-be) are city people, so we weren't too keen on having our wedding in the city. However, we were pleasantly surprised with this place. The garden was beautiful. Other than it being surrounded by high rises and a somewhat busy road right next to it, it was pretty darn close to what we were looking to find.

So the search continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment