Welcome to my blog!

This is my blog to created to share my decorating ideas. I'm no expert, so some creations may be my amateur version of experts'. I created this to help inspire other people like me who have big ideas and little know-how. This is to encourage you to believe that you can do whatever you dream of.

I also share about my life as a redhead with a lot of opinions, my experiences as a twenty-something year old nearing thirty, and the whole crazy wedding planning process for my fiance and me.


Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Reuphosltering a Painted Chair

Remember the chair I painted?


Well, I ripped it up. 

I loved the way the chair looked, but unfortunately, painted velvet is kind of rough and sticks to some fabrics. So, I couldn't sit in the chair if I was wearing something made of delicate fabric, like most dresses. Or anything dry clean only. So I ripped up the fabric and decided to take a swing at reupholstering it myself. 

Keep in mind, this was my first time to reupholster. I had no clue what I was doing. I'm not really one to look up and read instructions and how-to's though. I'm more of a get-your-hands-dirty and learn-as-you-go kind of girl. It's more exciting that way. ;) 

Here is the final result. 


It is not perfect, but I am happy with it. I know I can only get better the more I practice. I have planned to leave the original tufted look, but decided I liked the look of the smooth back better. And now, the chair gets used more! (A very important feature of any chair is that people actually want to sit in it). ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment