Welcome to my blog!

This is my blog to created to share my decorating ideas. I'm no expert, so some creations may be my amateur version of experts'. I created this to help inspire other people like me who have big ideas and little know-how. This is to encourage you to believe that you can do whatever you dream of.

I also share about my life as a redhead with a lot of opinions, my experiences as a twenty-something year old nearing thirty, and the whole crazy wedding planning process for my fiance and me.


Monday, June 11, 2012

Bunting Flags!

I previously posted that we were having our engagement pictures taken and I wanted something cute with our date on it. I wanted to make a bunting flag, but D said they remind him of the circus and we didn't want people to think we were having a circus themed wedding. He has a point.

 
So I moved on to the idea of making a rustic window sign with a sweet saying on it and our date.




Then I realized finding an old window would be more work than I had time for. Like I mentioned earlier, I didn't have much time to put something together, so I couldn't spend a lot of time searching for the items required to make my sign.

After showing D some bunting signs that were not bright, cheesy, and multi-colored, he agreed we should do the flags.




I already had the burlap I wanted to make them out of. I planned to just write the numbers on them with a sharpie. Then I decided it would show up better if I added a white background. I made the sign in one day and tied it on to a rope, to make it look a bit more nautical since we were taking our pictures at the lake. We were happy with the finished product. I will post a how-to tutorial and a picture soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment