Welcome to my blog!

This is my blog to created to share my decorating ideas. I'm no expert, so some creations may be my amateur version of experts'. I created this to help inspire other people like me who have big ideas and little know-how. This is to encourage you to believe that you can do whatever you dream of.

I also share about my life as a redhead with a lot of opinions, my experiences as a twenty-something year old nearing thirty, and the whole crazy wedding planning process for my fiance and me.


Thursday, November 29, 2012

It's Christmas Time!

Lately I have been in the Christmas mood. I just want to drink hot chocolate in front of the fire, watch Christmas movies, and decorate. My last post promised a picture of the old window we are going to use as a decoration for our wedding. I got the Christmas burlap ribbon last night, so I started decorating right away. Here is the window we bought:


Nothing too special about it now, but we will be adding ribbon and lots of pictures to it later. Here it is after I added some holiday cheer to it:




I love how simple it is. I almost added more ribbon down the sides, but decided less is more with this piece. The burlap ribbon is from Ballard Designs. It comes in other colors and you can order it here. The ribbon has wire in it, so it bends nicely and holds its shape. The boxwood wreath is from Target. I have been eyeing it for a while, and once I saw it was reduced for Black Friday, I didn't think twice before putting it in my shopping cart. Target tends to have that effect on me. :)

Dan and I just bought our first Christmas tree. :) Have I mentioned how much I love Christmas? Or Christmas trees? Or Christmas lights? At Christmas, it will be one year since Dan proposed in front Christmas lights. :) We found a great 7 1/2' prelit tree at Home Depot. We had looked there a few weeks ago, but were really glad we waited because the prices were drastically reduced when we went back. Right now, I am enjoying it looking natural, but I will be decorating it soon! If you are in need of a tree, I recommend looking at Home Depot, but do it soon. They were almost sold out by Cyber Monday.

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment