Welcome to my blog!

This is my blog to created to share my decorating ideas. I'm no expert, so some creations may be my amateur version of experts'. I created this to help inspire other people like me who have big ideas and little know-how. This is to encourage you to believe that you can do whatever you dream of.

I also share about my life as a redhead with a lot of opinions, my experiences as a twenty-something year old nearing thirty, and the whole crazy wedding planning process for my fiance and me.


Tuesday, January 17, 2012

More About the Engagement!

Ok, time for my favorite topic- my engagement to the most amazing guy I know!!! I told him a long time ago that I wanted us to pick out rings together. This threw a curve ball in his plan since he wanted it to be a complete surprise. Since we had not gone to look at rings yet, I did not see this coming. My mom was dropping hints pretty hard, but I was so sure I would know when it was coming, that I was completely blind to them. I even heard him say to his family "it's a surprise" when they were discussing plans for dinner with his family. Love is blind, right? So we planned on having a big dinner at my new house right before Christmas. Both his and my family were invited. I didn't think anything of it because I thought the get together was for Christmas (and because my family kept asking if they could come see my house). He wanted the proposal to be a complete surprise, which was not easy. We are both big on family, so he wanted both our families there. In order to make sure everyone would make it a priority to come, he told them what the special occasion was. That meant several people knew. In fact, everyone knew but me. I found out after the proposal that my parents had known for a month and were able to keep it a secret! His parents had known since August! With something that causes so much excitement, I am very proud of them for being able to honor his wish to surprise me. So he proposed at night, in front of my new house (which we picked out together and had planned on it being our house someday), in front of our Christmas lights. Have I mentioned that I love Christmas lights? And that Christmas is my favorite time of the year? And that it is the most romantic time of the year? And that he wanted our families to be there? Needless to say, he did a great job! In case you were wondering, my answer was "Yes! Of course!"

The whole thing was magical. This Pinterest picture pretty much sums it up:

Such a good idea! Note to all guys: plan a secret photographer. Girls want pictures of that moment!

So what about the ring you may be thinking...He proposed with a "placeholder" so we can pick out our rings together but he could still surprise me with the proposal. Man, this guy is smart. ;)

So the fun begins!! From the ring to the planning to the dress to...everything. So this decorating blog becomes a "decorating my wedding" blog for a time. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment