Welcome to my blog!

This is my blog to created to share my decorating ideas. I'm no expert, so some creations may be my amateur version of experts'. I created this to help inspire other people like me who have big ideas and little know-how. This is to encourage you to believe that you can do whatever you dream of.

I also share about my life as a redhead with a lot of opinions, my experiences as a twenty-something year old nearing thirty, and the whole crazy wedding planning process for my fiance and me.


Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Halloween Party Success

This post is way late. Better late than never, right? The party went well. I ended up with a lot of extra food and drinks. I was excited to have an excuse to bake, so I made a lot. I was planning on making more. I had a whole Pinterest album of recipes ready to go! (Good thing I ran out of time before making enough food to feed an army). Here are a few pictures of some the goodies.

Veggie Plate:


Witch Oreos:
 
  
Inspired by this Oreo ad:
 

Spider Cupcakes:
 

It was my mom's idea to add the chocolate sprinkles to make them look hairy. :)

My favorite- hot chocolate rice krispie treat mice:
 


 
 
To make these, just add a cup of hot chocolate mix to the rice krispie mixture before stirring. You can add more to darken the color and intensify the chocolate taste, but don't do more than two cups max.
 
And a little bit of decor:

 
 
This chubby guy makes me smile.
 
The winner of our pumpkin carving contest:
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment