Welcome to my blog!

This is my blog to created to share my decorating ideas. I'm no expert, so some creations may be my amateur version of experts'. I created this to help inspire other people like me who have big ideas and little know-how. This is to encourage you to believe that you can do whatever you dream of.

I also share about my life as a redhead with a lot of opinions, my experiences as a twenty-something year old nearing thirty, and the whole crazy wedding planning process for my fiance and me.


Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Bachelor, the Hometown Episode

Did anyone notice Ben in his skinny jeans and boots at Lindzi's? If not, here's a picture. It pretty much sums up how suave this guy is.
Ok, so this is a Sims character, but that's only because I couldn't find a picture of another fool who would wear such a thing. Luckily, Nikki teaches him about boots later on in the episode. While at Lindzi's home, she reveals that the guy who dumped her via text actually lived with her. Seriously? Did she just come home one day and all his stuff was gone? Then I guess after she called him 20,786,300 times, he just sent her back a text telling her they were through and calling her "babe." She admitted that she had a hard time letting down her walls because of that, then told Ben that "vulnerable" is a hard word for her. Yeah, probably too many syllables.

Moving on to better outfits...
Kacie's outfit for her hometown date was so cute, minus the Flava Flav medallion. I think all that tanning is getting to her head. She should have thrown that medallion out, along with the baton twirling. I can't help but get the impression that Kacie hasn't moved on since high school. Hence, the baton twirling and her dad not believing she knows anything about real love. Did anyone else have a hard time believing that was her real dad? Maybe she has just been tanning so much that she isn't always believable as white girl.

Don't agree? See reference below.


Moving on...
It was pretty exciting when I figured out where Ben and Nicki were on there date after the stockyards. Just to be clear, Nicki is from Hurst, not Fort Worth. Now, I know they are only a little over 20 minutes apart and there is nothing to do in Hurst, but I never thought about what they do for a hometown date when the girl is from Podunk. For her date, they really played up the Texas theme. Just so we are clear, not everyone in Texas wears boots. In fact, very few people do. I live in Texas, and I don't know anyone who does. (Except my brother, and that is because he has always liked them and thinks living in Texas gives you a decent enough excuse to wear them. I think he would agree with Ben thanking Nicki for the opportunity to dress like a cowboy because he has always wanted to.) Also, boots run around $400 a pair, on average, so I sure hope they saved their receipts! At least Nicki's family fed him well with good ole' Spring Creek Barbecue and sweet tea. *Side note: I don't know how Nicki/Nikki spells her name so you will see it spelled all kinds of ways in this post.

After Courtney declares Ben is her favorite guy [of the day], she follows producers advice to pretend to regret being so mean to the other girls. She tells her family that she like/loves him. What does that mean??? Her sister asks her if just "us two" can talk, to which Courtney responds with something like "oh- that's us!" Her dad and Ben have one only thing in common- her dad drinks scotch for breakfast and Ben has a dog named Scotch. Her mom looks excited about meeting Ben, but we later realize that is from the Botox. Finally, Courtney admits that she is crazy, she just happens to add "about this guy" after saying it.

For the recap with Chris Harrison, Ben admits that even though Kacie's mom told him she didn't want he and Kacie living together before they were married, and he ensured her that he has traditional values, he would expect them to live together after the show. That just provided more confirmation that Ben and Courtney deserve each other.

I still stand by my theory that they provide a VersaSpa for the girls while on the show, especially after seeing how much darker Lindzi, Kacie, and Nikki are than any one in their families. I mean, come on, they are not even at the beach anymore! It's not believable anymore! Just wait until they go to Switzerland. I guarantee you they will still be unusually dark.

My predictions are that Ben will give Nikki the boot. He never spent any time with her until her hometown date. There's no way they can have a relationship yet. I'm sure these are the same predictions that everyone else has. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see it.

I think he picks Courtney because the previews for next week are all meant to convince people that he will send Courtney home. Therefore, we can almost 100% guarantee he will not send her home, but will purpose to her. Yep, that's right, this girl...

No comments:

Post a Comment