Welcome to my blog!

This is my blog to created to share my decorating ideas. I'm no expert, so some creations may be my amateur version of experts'. I created this to help inspire other people like me who have big ideas and little know-how. This is to encourage you to believe that you can do whatever you dream of.

I also share about my life as a redhead with a lot of opinions, my experiences as a twenty-something year old nearing thirty, and the whole crazy wedding planning process for my fiance and me.


Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Golden Globes

Normally I don't pay that much attention to awards shows, or even celebs for that matter. However, I was very impressed with the trends this year. Everyone looked so elegant. I saw more beautiful gowns than ever before. Here are the women I thought were best dressed this year.

katharine mcphee megan hilty golden globes 2013 07
Katherine McPhee  

I love this because it is simple, elegant, and sexy. You really can't go wrong with black. In any other color, this dress probably would not be on my favorites list. I love that she kept the shoes, accessories, and hair simple. Instead of noticing all the accessories, you notice how great her body is. She really did a great job with this look.

 Julie Bowen Actress Julie Bowen arrives at the 70th Annual Golden Globe Awards held at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on January 13, 2013 in Beverly Hills, California.
Julie Bowen

I'm not sure everyone would agree that this is one of the Best Dressed, but I love this look. The material of this dress is gorgeous! The color is beautiful and looks great on her. The flowy, silky material looks very Roman goddess. I like that she kept her hair up and simple, doesn't have a necklace, but has statement earrings that look great with her dress. She also kept it simple, but very elegant, and definitely not boring.


Amy Adams

I have never thought of Amy Adams as a style icon before, but now I'm thinking this girl knows her stuff- or at least her stylist does. I love the soft, pale color of this dress. The dress by itself is gorgeous, but it seems to  appear as if it is made for her. Her coloring matches this dress perfectly without her getting lost in it. I love her vintage side swept hair. It really looks classy. Her eyes really "pop" in this look. Maybe because the look is very monotone, it makes the color of her eyes really stand out. Plus, I am a sucker for any dress with tulle.

leonardo dicaprio kerry washington golden globes 2013 red carpet 03
Kerry Washington

I love this look. She looks so beautiful. I love the sheer fabric of this dress. It makes the dress sexy without trying too hard. I love the soft palette of the dress, and the beadwork really dresses it up without being over the top. She kept the accessories simple. Her hair has a gorgeous, natural-looking ombre highlights to it. I love the bangs. This look really shows off her beautiful skin, hair, and eyes.

jessica alba golden globes 2013 red carpet 03
Jessica Alba

Wow. I think the creeper with the shades really sums up everyone's reaction to this look. She is absolutely gorgeous and this dress is perfect for her. I love the side swept curls. I think this is really a timeless look. Not everyone can pull off this dress. She makes it look like it was made for her. My only complaint is that orange fur purse.

isla fisher golden globes 2013 red carpet 02
Isla Fisher

While this is not the best picture of her, this dress is stunning. I love the soft palette of this. The dress doesn't need any jewelry to add to it; it stands on its own. I love the side swept curls. The only thing missing is her smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment